difference between webpublish and web gui builder

Building executables, DLLs, source distributions and installations from LabVIEW projects
Ответить
noel_t
beginner
beginner
Версия LabVIEW: 2010
Контактная информация:

difference between webpublish and web gui builder

Сообщение noel_t »

what is difference between webpublish and web gui builder?
mzu2006

Professionalism Tutorials Black
doctor
doctor
Награды: 3
Версия LabVIEW: 7.1 10 11 12
Контактная информация:

Re: difference between webpublish and web gui builder

Сообщение mzu2006 »

Web Gui Builder is a tool to create a graphical interface for your VI in a browser. That graphical interface redirects your request to a remote "server" (think remote panels).
Webpublish is a tool allowing to create RestFul web services in LabVIEW.
So, the thin client created by the Web Gui Builder allows to interact with the web service created by WebPublishing. I find the following link helpful
noel_t
beginner
beginner
Версия LabVIEW: 2010
Контактная информация:

Сообщение noel_t »

Thanks, but I am still confused as I don't understand if I HAVE TO/NECESSARY to design another interface only for web!
I am planning to show my front panel (.vi) which is designed in Labview 2013 on the web as well.
I am not sure if I have to use "web gui builder" to design the graphical interface from A to Z again from the beginning or I can just use "webpublish" to publish the current made .vi on the web for access through the HTTP (Because I am currently satisfied with the current user interface i have and I don't need to waste more time for designing another interface only for web)?
mzu2006

Professionalism Tutorials Black
doctor
doctor
Награды: 3
Версия LabVIEW: 7.1 10 11 12
Контактная информация:

Сообщение mzu2006 »

You do not have to use web gui builder if you do not want to. web gui builder/Webpublish is just a :labview: version of XML producing CGI and a thin client. In traditional languages that would be for example some (RESTful) server without any GUI and a thin client, say in javascript.
If you want just the :vi: to display itself on a web, you can use remote panels (with some limitations). I do not have :labview: 13 yet, but this feature still worked in :labview: 12. This link might be of use
Ответить